Friday, January 6, 2012

Starting 2012 With A Creative Burst


After I finished my prototype of the Winter Hood last week, I was really excited to get started on the Snow Faerie version using my hand spun Winter Wonder art yarn. Then I added a wooly ruffle and long ties made from another of my art yarns, an extreme tail spun yarn done with Wensleydale lamb locks. It's super fluffy and so cute with all the little lamb curls popping out all over.


There are lamb locks spun into the Winter Wonder yarn too and I was delighted each time I saw them pop up as I knit the hood. I made sure to scoot every little pop of texture to the right side so I wouldn't lose any of those cute little curlicues.


I have also been working on a new wrist cuff, this one's almost finished...so close it's hard to walk away from it, but tomorrow's another day. And if that wasn't enough I am finishing a free form capelete I've knit/crocheted using a combination of my regular hand spun and my art yarns. I love free form and I always say I'm going to spend more time working on it...maybe this is the year!

I hope your 2012 is starting off with a creative burst of energy too! I'm excited to check out all the blogs this week, so many creative people and great projects to read about!

Blessings Friends!
Melissa

15 comments:

  1. ooooh, I can't wait to see the finished cuff. I have been looking at some on Etsy and I know with your amazing eye for color and texture, yours will be rock star.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your fairy cap. The wool locks just top it off. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hood is so delicately beautiful. It is like something a snow fairy or princess might wear. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the curly wool locks on your hood. I think it will fly out of your Etsy store! Very cool wristlet. What a great way to start the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cuff is amazing, I just love it. The hood is awesome too, I love the ruffle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful hood! I love the fluffy trim. Very classic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hood looks great. I am always unsure how to use art yarns, this is super inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love the mondo bulk yarn - that hat is most excellent. :)

    NPR had a great piece the other day on creativity when there's very little daylight. I absolutely get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cuff...even it if isn't finished. You will show us finished pictures, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cuff is super cute! Is it mostly embroidered? would go so well with a pretty summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an adorable hood. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hood and the ruffle especially - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cuff! You are bursting with energy and projects lately, my friend!! XXO-

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am quite taken with your faerie hat. I made something kind of similar last year, but I used a few strands of yarn together because I wanted a really warm hat, but then it just made it too stiff. I am going to have to try again. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so beautiful and delicate looking! Very appropriate for the season - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creations... I love the artistic touches.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a crafter, knitter, tinkerer, who always seems to have a project or two on the launch pad. I love to share what I'm working on and I love to see what other folks are working on too, so please comment and let me know where I can see your latest creation!